Principal Job Description
The Principal of Gersh Academy will be responsible to demonstrate leadership and ensure operational excellence. This building leader sets expectations, trains, and supports, leading all staff to demonstrate outstanding educational practices impacting positive outcomes for all students. It is essential to have the ability to implement established best practices ensuring integration in policies, programs, curriculum, and activities. Wonderful and new campus!
Principal Essential Beliefs
- The principal must believe in and demonstrate Core Values in all aspects their daily responsibilities.
- The principal must believe in and have the ability to create a collaborative culture.
- The principal must possess a growth mindset and be able successfully create a culture of continuous improvement with a focus on results.
Principal Essential Expectations and Duties
- Implement effective and clear procedures for the operation and functioning of the school consistent with the mission, values, and goals of the Academy
- Measure, analyze and evaluate school data, and communicate results effectively.
- Develop budget and mange spending as it relates to staffing and instructional needs
- Align practices to meet Key Result Areas
- Serve as a role model for teachers and students, dressing professionally, demonstrating the importance and relevance of learning, accepting responsibility, and demonstrating pride in the education profession.
- Display the highest ethical and professional behavior and standards when working with students, parents, and school staff.
- Motivate and mentor staff to achieve excellence.
- Supervise instructional programs, evaluate lesson plans, observe classes, and encourage the use of a variety of instructional strategies and materials consistent with research on Autism, learning and child development·
- Meets weekly with staff to discuss the operation of the school, identify needs and report on success.
- Ensure instructional programs address each student’s needs, interests, and skill levels.
- Supervise and appraise staff performance and facilitate professional growth of staff.
- Establish a professional rapport with students and staff.
- Develop and adhere to all procedures regarding the safety of staff of students.
- Ensure that student records are maintained appropriately.
- Assume responsibility for the health, safety and welfare of students, employees, and visitors.
- Establish meaningful relationships, trust and rapport with families and other adults in the lives of the students.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead and participate in the Individualized Education Plan process as it relates to placement at the Academy.
- Identify prospective students through the screening process working collaboratively with the Admissions Department
- Work collaboratively with other leaders.
- Work on committees within the organization to improve practices across all entities.
- Develop collaborative relationships with other private and public-school leaders.
- Attend professional conferences in support of school administration.
- Ability to multitask, self-manage and direct, and comfortable with public speaking engagements.
- Represent the school at local and state events and professional meetings.
Job Type: Full-time
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: One location
Requirements for a Principal
- Graduate degree from an accredited institution preferably educational leadership
- Three to Five (5) years of leadership experience.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in a school/clinic setting with special education students
- Knowledge of best practices in special education
- Professional and accurate verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to assist in physical restraint if necessary
- Teaching: 3 years (Required)
- Leadership: 3 years (Required)
- Special education: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Paid time off
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Retirement plan
- Flexible spending account
- Bonus Pay