Note! Apply link will take you to an external website.
CAPP Health Educator/ Youth Advisor
Planned Parenthood of Greater New York, Jamaica
As mentioned in job details
Feb 1, 2023
Mar 1, 2023
At Planned Parenthood of Greater New York(PPGNY), our greatest strengths are the employees who empower every individual with the information, resources, and care they need to live happy, healthy lives.Picture yourself here: We are a team of trustedhealth care providers, educators, andfierce advocatescommitted toadvancingequity and improvinghealth outcomesin communities that face systemic barriers to quality, innovativesexual and reproductive healthservices-- including birth control, pregnancy testing, emergency contraception, cancerscreenings, STI testing and treatment, HIVtestingand prevention,transgender hormone therapy,wellness exams, crisis counseling, and financial counseling.PPGNYalso proudly providescompassionate, nonjudgmental abortion services.
When you join PPGNY as a CAPP Health Educator you will provide high-quality, sexual and reproductive health education to youth, young adults?and parents located within Region Two of Planned Parenthood of Greater New York; specifically covering targeted zip codes in Schenectady, Orange, Ulster, Dutchess or Sullivan counties. Additional responsibilities include:
- Facilitate evidenced based (EBP) sex education curriculum with fidelity, including Be Proud! Be Responsible! and Project AIM, to young people and other approved curricula to young adult and families in accordance with grant and work plan objectives
- Promote and engage in meaningful outreach programs to community members, organizations, parents and professionals in prioritized zip codes in accordance with grant and work plan objectives
- Maintain community relationships by representing PPGNY at community meetings, and engaging professionally with community stakeholders, organizations, youth, parents and professionals
- In Dutchess, Orange amp; Ulster counties, the Health Educator will support the CAPP Coordinator and YHP Advisors with the following duties in their absence: support, train and provide guidance to YHPs when needed
- Coordinate and schedulerequests for programming via phone, email and in-person
- Collect demographic, monitoring and evaluation data from workshop and training participants; compile data appropriately and prepares submission and periodic reporting
What makes you stand out:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- One (1) to two (2) years of experience providing direct education to youth, coordinating youth programming/youth groups, and/or managing a community-based outreach program for youth preferred.
- Experience with communities impacted by adverse health outcomes, knowledge systemic barriers to sexual reproductive health and wellbeing faced by marginalized communities especially women, LGBTQ, poor/working class and communities of color.
- Analysis of how systemic oppression and racism impacts communities of color.
- Flexible Schedule/ Monday-Friday with evenings and weekends as needed
- Own transportation is required, with a valid NYS driver’s license, inspection, registration, and adequate insurance
CompensationPPGNY's benefits package includes:Generous PTO and holiday scheduleMedical, dental and vision coverage options for you and eligible dependentsFSA, HSA, Commuter pre-tax reimbursement fundsShort and Long Term Disability, Free Basic Life and ADamp;D401(k) Retirement Plan with Safe Harbor contributions after 1 year of employmentAll positions at PPGNY require:Proof of immunization or immunity to certain communicable diseases (including influenza during the flu season) and testing for tuberculosis. These certifications are required by the NYC DOHMH Health Code, NYSDOH and OSHA.
- Experience in public health and /or education.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
Planned Parenthood of Greater New York (PPGNY) is a leading provider, educator, and advocate of sexual and reproductive health care in New York State. PPGNY is proud to provide a wide-range of family planning services at our 28 health centers and mobile care units. We care for everyone regardless of their immigration status, zip code or ability to pay. PPGNY’s education and outreach programs are backed by medically-accurate, evidence-based information that allows people to make informed decisions about their health and future. As a voice for reproductive freedom, PPGNY supports legislation and policies that ensure all New Yorkers have access to the full range of reproductive health care and education.
At PPGNY, we provide the absolute best care to our patients and our communities through innovative health care delivery and education programming. We care for everyone who walks through our doors regardless of insurance, ability to pay or immigration status. As a leading voice for reproductive freedom, PPGNY fiercely advocates for policies to ensure that all New Yorkers will have access to the full range of reproductive health care services and information.
PPGNY is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe we are most impactful when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with common purpose. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Planned Parenthood of Greater New York
Information Technology and Services - Canberra, Australia