The AR Supervisor is accountable for delivering targeted performance on monthly, quarterly and annual. Effective credit vetting amp; evaluation and championing the collection process of the company, giving due attention to credit worthiness of potential customers and continuously assessing the credit worthiness of existing customers and driving action derived from these assessments in order to optimize the mix of company sales and bad debt losses.
Duties and Responsibilities
Credit Management and overall Days Sales Outstanding (DSO)
- Manage Credit Control Function aim to meet monthly, quarterly and annual target
- Enforce the current credit policy with emphasis on query log, credit limits, dunning process etc.
- Oversee resolution and queries relating to Key Commercial Customers, Government and Residential
- Review overdue debts and take action to resolve
- Review of overdue debt with recommendation for proposed suspension and terminations
- Key point person on AR Company matters amp; liaison person with department heads on AR matters that potentially affect services.
- Secure Business Agreements (contracts) and Vetting Process
- Review credit limits with the aim to reduce
- Ensure contracts are valid and invoicing is performed in accordance with agreements.
- Team development and leadership
- Manage performance of the team through effective performance and development reviews.
- Accomplishes department objectives by supervising staff and organizing and monitoring work processes.
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees and developing personal growth opportunities.
- Accomplishes staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees.
- Implements and enforces systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by establishing and enforcing organization standards and adhering to legal regulations.
- Risk Management amp; exposure
- Set credit limits for new customers with approval of Financial Manager and Managing Director
- Identify gaps to current process
Essential qualities and experience
- Minimum two years Supervisory experience and one year in a Customer Service role
- Degree in Business Administration or related area
- Good verbal and writing communication skills
- Ability to perform well under pressure
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google docs , sheets
- Ability to establish first time contact with customers amp; develop customer relationship
- Certificate Training in Customer Services
- Supervisory management training