Lucidworks is leading digital transformation for some of the world's biggest retailers, financial services firms, manufacturers, and B2B commerce organizations. We believe that the core to a great digital experience starts with search and browse. Our Deep Learning technology captures user behavior and utilizes machine learning to connect people with the products, content, and information they need. Brands including Crate amp; Barrel, Lenovo, Red Hat, and Cisco Systems rely on Lucidworks' suite of products to power commerce, customer service, and workplace applications that delight customers and empower employees. Lucidworks believes in the power of diversity and inclusion to help us do our best work. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and welcome talent across a full range of backgrounds, orientation, origin, and identity in an inclusive and non-discriminatory way.About the RoleThe Fusion Connectors team is a global and diverse team responsible for developing connector plugins for Fusion, Lucidworks’ search and personalization platform. These connectors are the lifeblood of the search ecosystem and provide the primary mechanism for indexing client data from a wide array of content repositories such as filestores, databases, CRMs, and intranets. The team is responsible for delivery of all plugins.
As a Software Engineer, you will develop new connector plugins and maintain existing plugins as needed to fix bugs, accommodate downstream repository updates, or introduce new features in response to client needs. Responsibilities:
- Develop new plugins in accordance with requirement specifications and expected quality and design standards applied across our entire library of connectors.
- Update existing plugins to fix bugs, support new requirements, and/or address repository updates and changes.
- Debug plugin problems discovered through failing tests and client reports of unexpected behavior.
- Write pull requests describing fixes and other code changes to facilitate peer code review, and integrate peer feedback into your work.
- Ensure plugins are well-covered by robust unit and integration tests.
- Communicate estimates of effort to management to assist in team commitments to development timelines.
- Share knowledge with colleagues and management via developer documentation, team presentations, and demos.
Preferred Experience in:
- 1-2+ years experience developing Java applications in an enterprise software organization.
- Experience with tools to access and retrieve data from multiple content repository systems.
- Experience tracking software development work using an issue tracking system (Jira preferred) and source control (Git and GitHub).
- Enthusiastic to grow as a software engineer and develop new skills in software development, technical communication, and team collaboration.
- Passionate about creating delightful customer and stakeholder experiences.
- Excellent technical communication skills and a drive to share knowledge with colleagues.
- Eager to work collaboratively with a diverse team spread across multiple time zones, regions, and cultures.
Lucidworks believes in the power of diversity and inclusion to help us do our best work. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and welcome talent across a full range of backgrounds, orientation, origin, and identity in an inclusive and non-discriminatory way. Applicants receive consideration based on the relevant talents, skills, and experiences they offer to our company.
- Data access best practices and integration points with content management systems (such as SharePoint and LDAP/Active Directory, etc.).
- Accessing data over an API for data manipulation and transformation.
- Using cloud-native applications deployed with Kubernetes and Helm.
- Using cloud tools from GCS and/or AWS.
- Implementing a search application, particularly around indexing data.
If you need any accommodations prior to your interview, please reach out to us at:
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to learning more about you.
COVID Vaccination:As a condition of employment, at time of hire and continuing thereafter, Lucidworks requires that all employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to the extent that they are: i) working from or visiting any company office; ii) participating in in-person company events; or iii) working onsite with customers.